Thursday 9 May 2013

Botanics: Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm

Ever since the phenomenon of the Liz Earle Hot Cloth cleanser, most of my cleansers have been of the Hot Cloth variety. I very much like a product that does a multitude of things - not only does it mean less products (though I love my beauty / skin care products) but the time it takes to remove my make-up & cleanse my face is halved, which of course means more sleep. Having tried several cleansers including the Liz Earle one, I had never tried a balm type cleanser up until now so I decided to give the Boots Botanics Hot Cloth cleansing balm a go ...
Botanics's Hot Clothing cleansing balm is formulated with a Shea Butter, Rosehip and Jojoba oil and claims to be 97% organic. 
Like most cleansers,this one is accompanied with a muslin cloth. Not the best I've come across but hey it does the job. 
You get 65ml of product and you only need a pee size amount so this stuff lasts for ages. Mine stood the duration of about 4-5 months so at £8.99 its value for money, right? Its perfect for travel because the packaging isn't overly big and there's no risk of mess in your travel bag . 
Although this cleanser removed make-up off very easily, thats all it did! I didn't see a great improvement in my skin, yet this product didn't break me out either. As the main ingredient was Shea Butter I found this cleanser added moisture to my dehydrated skin, however I found that it left an oily film on my face & made my hands greasy, which I disliked.  

Initially I just used the balm on my face, avoiding the eyes. However for the purpose of testing this cleanser, I used this balm to remove stubborn mascara and eyeliner and it did a pretty good job and didn't irritate my eyes. It does say to avoid eyes, but each to their own. 

For those you suffer from dry and dehydrated skin, I would certainly recommend that you give this cleanser ago, however based on oily residue situation on my skin I won't be repurchasing. Have you guys tried this cleanser?x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the taking the time to follow my blog. All comments are much appreciated and I hope to get back to each and everyone of them. If you, yourself have a blog, please leave the link for it down in the comments section so I can have a look. x